Economics or sociology of education (Center for Institutional Studies)
The Higher School of Economics Center for Institutional Studies (CInSt) in Moscow Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of economics or sociology of education. We invite aspiring researchers to join a multidisciplinary team to work on educational studies with a focus on network analysis.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Maria Yudkevich
- pursuing own research in parallel with working on CInSt’s research projects in four broad areas:
o Peer effects transmission in online and offline social networks;
o Peer effect structure in different educational systems;
o Social network analysis methods and techniques;
o Determinants of student achievement.
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
Some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Center offers access to its databases which contain information about student academic achievements, socioeconomic characteristics, behavior and data about dynamics online and offline social networks. It is also welcome to construct a new dataset on student social network.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: Education/Sociology/Economics,
- a strong theoretical and empirical background economics, sociology or education,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English,
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year and the one-year-renewal of the contract could be considered.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring center may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit Center for Institutional Studies or contact Ilya Prakhov (email@example.com) directly.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.