Center for Institutional Studies (CInSt): Social Networks
The Higher School of Economics Center for Institutional Studies (CInSt) in Moscow Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Social Network Research with application in Education.
Center for Institutional Studies (CInSt) is the HSE research institute, providing expertise and analysis in the field of educational policy based on international academic standards. Network analysis is among the priority areas of the research in the Center.
General job requirements:
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on CInSt’s research projects:
o The coevolution of student social networks;
o Social networks and peer effects in education;
o Student social networks, academic achievements and dropouts.
- public presentations of a candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Center offers access to its databases which contain information about university student academic achievement, socioeconomic characteristics, behavior and data about dynamics online and offline social networks. Opportunities for a new survey on student social networks, including online interactions, and behavior.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: Education/Sociology/Economics/Network Science/Computer Science,
- a strong theoretical and empirical background computer science, economics, sociology or education,
- expertise in social network analysis,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year with possible extension for the second year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via online application form by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring centre may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web pages: Higher School of Economics, .
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!