Scientometrics and Research Policy (Center for Institutional Studies)
The Higher School of Economics Center for Institutional Studies (CInSt) in Moscow Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of scientometrics and research policy. We invite aspiring researchers to join a multidisciplinary team to work on scientometric studies with colleagues from CInSt and HSE Scientometrics center.
The job involves:
- pursuing own research in parallel with working on CInSt’s research projects in five broad areas:
o Scientometrics, including Bibliometrics and Altmetrics
o Research evaluation
o Performance-based research funding systems and their impact on scholarly communication
o Peer effects in different academic systems
o Mobility of researchers.
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Center’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
Some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Center offers access to Web of Science, Scopus, InCites and SciVal Benchmarking databases and analytical tools and also has access to several datasets which contain various information on Russian and international R&D systems.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: scientometrics\bibliometrics, research evaluation, higher education and science policy studies, library and information science,
- a strong background in at least one of the aforementioned fields,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year and the one-year-renewal of the contract could be considered.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring center may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit Center for Institutional Studies or contact Ilya Prakhov (email@example.com) directly.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.