The Center for Imperial Russian History
The Center for Imperial Russian History at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of early modern Russian history (late 17th to mid-19th century).
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Igor Fedyukin, Director of the Center
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on the Center’s research projects in the following broad areas:
o political ideas and political theories, especially in post-Petrine
o economic and fiscal history
o education and science in early modern Russia
o early modern Russia (17th-18th centuries) in a comparative perspective
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Center.
- participation in organization of the events and otherwise contributing to the Center’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to a variety of audiences
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- a PhD from an international research university in history
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to email@example.com by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring center may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.