Center for Modern Childhood Research (Institute of Education)
The Higher School of Economics Center for Modern Childhood Research in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of computational social science and sociology of childhood and parenting.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Elizaveta Sivak, director of the Center,
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on the Center research projects in two broad areas:
o using digital trace data to study modern childhood and parenting,
o contemporary notions of “childhood” and “child” and their changes over time
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab/center
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Center’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Center offers access to its databases.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: data science, computational social science, sociology
- a strong background in methods of research in social sciences (quantitative or qualitative methods)
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- experience in programming is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory/center may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.