Centre for Classical and Oriental Archaeology (Institute for Oriental and Classical Studies)
The Higher School of Economics Centre for Classical and Oriental Archaeology (Institute for Oriental and Classical Studies) in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of classical or oriental archaeology.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Askold Ivantchik
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Centre for Classical and Oriental Archaeology research projects in following broad areas:
o Classical Archaeology
o Oriental Archaeology
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals, on their own or in co-authorship with the members of the Centre for Classical and Oriental Archaeology
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Centre’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged.
The Centre offers access to its databases, its research library and other available equipment
- a PhD from an international research institution or university in such fields as: Archaeology, Ancient History, Classics, Oriental Studies, Archaeometry
- a strong background in archaeological researches including field work
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to email@example.com by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring centre may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.