Institute of Regional Studies and Urban Planning
The Higher School of Economics Institute of regional studies and urban planning in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of territorial and strategic planning, preparation of strategic documents of regional development, development projects and financial-economic models of innovation and investment development of urban areas, development of tourist clusters concepts, providing research in the field of spatial and socio-economic development of the Arctic territories of Russia, development of innovative models for managing of urban development.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Doctor of economic sciences, Professor Irina Ilina.
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Institute of regional studies and urban planning research projects in 5 broad areas:
o urban planning and development within new urban models like smart cities etc
o approaches in providing renovation program in Russian cities
o development of Arctic cities
o regional inclusive growth (adopting OECD policies)
o smart regional specialization
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of Institute of regional studies and urban planning
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Institute of regional studies and urban planning offers access to its databases and analytical software, as well as contacts with leader experts in the research field area, library resources of HSE.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: urban studies, regional studies, geography.
- a strong background in new approaches and models of urban development, economy geography, principles of spatial organization of urban areas and regions, modern trends of urbanization, knowledge of activities of international organization which realize policy in scope of urban and regional development.
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- knowledge of Russian
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to email@example.com by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiringInstitute of regional studies and urban planning may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.