Laboratory for Comparative Social Research
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Comparative Social Research (Russia, Moscow) invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of comparative social studies.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Christian Welzel, LCSR`s Academic Supervisor.
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on LCSR research projects in 8 broad areas:
1. human values and cultural change;
2. subjective well-being and happiness;
3. trust, social capital and corruption;
4. gender (in)equality and gender attitudes;
5. tolerance, nationalism and migration;
6. political regimes;
7. religion and secularization;
8. cross-cultural data collection and analysis.
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the LCSR
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- teaching at the international master program Comparative Social Research.
LCSR offers access to its databases and analytical software.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: sociology, political science
- a strong background social sciences and statistical data analysis
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.