International Laboratory for Logic, Linguistics and Formal Philosophy
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Logic, Linguistics and Formal Philosophy in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of formal philosophy, philosophical logic, mathematical logic, formal and experimental linguistics.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. E.G. Dragalina-Chernaya
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on the International Laboratory for Logic, Linguistics and Formal Philosophy research projects in 3 broad areas:
o formal philosophy
o philosophical and mathematical logic
o formal and experimental linguistics
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the International Laboratory for Logic, Linguistics and Formal Philosophy, participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: philosophy, logic, linguistics, mathematics or computer sciences
- a strong background in logic, linguistics or formal philosophy
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Laboratory may not be reviewed.
For more information about HSE, please visit: Laboratory for Logic, Linguistics and Formal Philosophy or contact Vitaliy Dolgorukov directly.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.