School of Electronic Engineering of Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics
School of Electronic Engineering of Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics of National Research University Higher School of Economics invites applications for postdoctoral research position: Theory of novel quantum nano-devices for quantum technology
Recent advances in technologies leave no space for doubt about widespread applications of superconducting devices in the nearest future. To facilitate such applications, the superconducting materials should have tailored physical properties. Hence, tuning the physical parameters of superconductors is an important problem from academic and technological points of view. The present project is focused on study of the superconducting properties (including the magnetic response) of nanostructured superconducting materials and to various novel applications like qubits, photon detectors, bolometers, memory applications, etc. Although the planned activity is theoretical, close contact with experimental group of Prof. K.Yu. Arutyunov is sought.
The job involves:
· working under the direct supervision of Assoc. Prof. A.S. Vasenko
· participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on the research projects in two broad areas:
o Studies of the intertype superconductivity in arrays of superconducting nano-wires and nano-films with possible qubit applications
o Superconducting triplet correlations in various S/F hybrid devices for novel type of magnetoresistive memory elements
· writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab
· participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
· public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
· some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: Quantum physics, Condensed matter physics, Theoretical physics
- a strong background in theoretical quantum physics, condensed matter or mesoscopic physics
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via and mtwo letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to email@example.com by February 15, 2018. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web page: Higher School of Economics, HSE Tikhonov Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics (MIEM HSE) or contact Andrey Vasenko [firstname.lastname@example.org] directly.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.