Quantum nanoelectronic devices
National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE) is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics (MIEM), being the part of HSE, is the leading Russian research and educational institution with long history and strong traditions in basic and applied electronics. For more information about us, please, visit our university web site and HSE Tikhonov Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics (MIEM HSE)
School of Electronic Engineering of Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics of National Research University Higher School of Economics invites applications for postdoctoral research position:
The project is related to basic and applied studies of various low-dimensional quantum nanoscale systems. The activities deal with nanotechnology, cryogenics, superconductivity and mesoscopic solid state physics. Although the project is mainly experimental, certain theoretical work is also foreseen.
The job involves:
· Working under the direct supervision of Prof. K. Yu. Arutyunov.
· Participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on the research projects in two broad areas:
o low-dimensional superconductivity;
o non-equilibrium and interface phenomena at nanoscales.
· Writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the team.
· Participation in organization of the events and other contribution to development of MIEM.
· Participation in applications for various competitive projects for external funding.
· Public presentation of candidate’s own research to broader academic community at workshops, national and international conferences.
· Some teaching is encouraged, though is not mandatory.
- a PhD from an internationally recognized research university in such fields as: condensed matter physics, micro- or/and nanoelectronics, nanotechnology;
- a strong background in cryogenics, nanotechnology, quantum physics, condensed matter or/and mesoscopic physics;
- relevant experience supported by publications in international research journals is an asset, although is not mandatory;
- ability to work in a team;
- fluent English.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via and mtwo letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2018. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web page: Higher School of Economics, HSE Tikhonov Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics (MIEM HSE)
For more information about the project, please, contact directly Prof. Konstantin Arutyunov [email@example.com].
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.