The Memory and Motor Control
Higher School of Economics (Moscow, Russia) invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of cognitive neuroscience.
Participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working at the Centre for Cognition & Decision Making (CDM) by carrying on research projects in two broad areas: Memory and Motor Control.
The job involves:
- To work under the direct supervision of Dr. Matteo Feurra
- Performing research on Motor Control processes (e.g. action observation, motor imagery, grasping action processes and cortical motor mapping, sensory-motor integration in cognitive functions)
- Research on neurocognitive structure of human memory and executive control with a focus on working and long-term memory processes (e.g. recognition memory processes, episodic memory short term memory).
- Research on genetic influence (the BDNF factor) on cortical plasticity.
- Writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals.
- Some teaching as well as public presentations of candidate’s own research are also encouraged.
- Participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development.
The Lab offers access to Multichannel EEG system (128-channel EEG BRAINAMP DC), eye-tracking (Eye-tracker SMI RED), 2 TMS Magventure (MagPro X100) with neuronavigation, Transcranial Electrical Stimulation system by Enobio Starstim, EMS Brainstim, DS5 Digitimer and access to MEG (more information: School of Psychology).
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: neuroscience, psychology, medicine, physics, biology or applied mathematics.
- a background in TMS and/or tDCS and/or fMRI and/or MEG/and/or multi-channel EEG/MEG/ recordings and data analysis.
- ability to work in a team.
- fluent English.
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
- high motivation to conduct high-quality research publishable in quality international peer-reviewed journals.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via online application form by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.