Center for Monitoring the Quality in Education (Institute of Education)
The Higher School of Economics Center for Monitoring the Quality in Education in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Education.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Elena Kardanova and senior researcher Ekaterina Orel.
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Center for Monitoring the Quality in Education research projects in five broad areas:
o Social and emotional skills, motivation and well-being,
o Cognitive and non-cognitive predictors of successful schooling in primary school (iPIPS and iPIPS+ project),
o International comparative study of undergraduate performance,
o Test development for complex construct measurement (e.g. critical thinking, creativity etc.)
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Center for Monitoring the Quality in Education
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Center’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Center for Monitoring the Quality in Education offers access to its databases the ongoing projects, including data about social and emotional development in different ages.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: Education, Psychology, Sociology, and Psychometrics
- a strong background in research, measurement, and data analysis
- ability to work in a team
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to email@example.com by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring center may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.