The Neurodynamics Group
Higher School of Economics (HSE, Moscow) is pleased to announce a new post-doctoral position in The Neurodynamics Group. The research focus is on the investigation of a relation between task-specific neuronal activity and ongoing/resting state neuronal dynamics. This will be studied in different sensory, motor and cognitive tasks to identify general mechanisms responsible for such modulation. In order to take into account multifaceted nature of the neuronal processing in the human brain, our studies will focus on the interplay between local and global neuronal dynamics measured at different spatial and temporal scales. The complexity of neuronal interactions will be assessed with multimodal approaches including EEG, MEG and a combination of TMS/TDCS with EEG.
The Group is a structural part of the HSE’s Centre for Cognition & Decision Making with collaboration opportunities within Russia and internationally. Research facilities include multi-channel EEG, navigated TMS-EEG, behavioral and eye-tracking equipment, as well as local access to MEG, fMRI. The Neurodynamics Group operates in close collaboration with the Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Leipzig, Germany.
- Access to multimodal neuroimaging facilities (brain-navigated TMS, multi-channel EEG, eye-tracking)
- Internationally competitive salary
- Low teaching load, minimal administrative service required
- Strong emphasis on high quality research
- Eligible candidates should hold a PhD degree in a relevant discipline, including neuroscience, physiology, medicine, psychology, physics or computer science. Previous experience with neuroimaging methods (e.g. EEG, MEG or TMS) is an advantage.
- Fluent English (knowledge of Russian is not required)
- Demonstrated ability and high motivation to conduct high-quality research publishable in international peer-reviewed journals
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via online application form by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic and fast-growing research-intensive university providing unique research opportunities (Higher School of Economics, School of Psychology).
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.