The Neurodynamics Group (Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience)
Research topics include:
1) Neuronal oscillations:
- functional significance
- synchronization and causality analysis
- relation to evoked responses
- cross-frequency neuronal interactions
- complexity analysis, criticality
- Pathological neuronal dynamics in Neurological (Stroke, Parkinson's Disease)
- and Psychiatric (Schizophrenia, Depression) disorders
2) Transcranial magnetic stimulation in combination with EEG:
- motor mapping
- motor control
3) Development of the novel analytic and recording techniques for EEG/MEG
4) Brain Computer Interface and Neurofeedback
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Vadim Nikulin.
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on the Group's research projects
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Centre for Cognition & Decision Making
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Centre particularly encourage publishing results in international peer-reviewed journals, as well as teaching and other forms of scientific contribution to the Group and the Centre’s development. At the end of the contract there is a possibility to apply for a tenure-track position at HSE.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: neuroscience, physiology, medicine, psychology, physics or computer science
- Previous experience with neuroimaging methods (e.g. EEG, MEG or TMS) is an advantage
- demonstrated ability and high motivation to conduct high-quality research publishable in international peer-reviewed journals
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Centre for Cognition & Decision Making may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.