Department of Public Policy
The Higher School of Economics Social Science Faculty Public Policy Department in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of public policy and global governance.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Professor Nina Belyaeva, Head of Public Policy Department (PPD), and academic director of Master Program “Political Analysis and Public Policy”
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Public Policy Department research projects in 2 broad areas:
o Civic participation and social change
o Global governance and regulatory regimes
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Department
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Department’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Department offers access to its database with information about civic participation and protest activities in different countries around the world since 2010.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: public policy and public administration, economics, sociology, political science; and subfields as: Public Policy, Comparative Public Policy, Public Policy Analysis, Human Rights, Democratic Governance, Global Public Policy, Global Governance, Soft Law and Regulatory Governance, Political Economy; Economics, Ethics and Society, Conflict Management,
- a strong background in data processing and data analysis, including classical statistics, qualitative and quantitative methods,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English,
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via online application form by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring department may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web pages: Higher School of Economics, Master’s programme 'Political Analysis and Public Policy or contact Artem Uldanov (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!