Laboratory of Theoretical Computer Science
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory of Theoretical Computer Science in Moscow Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of theoretical computer science.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of the Laboratory Director Prof. Nikolay Vereshchagin and its Academic Supervisor Prof. Vladimir Gurvich
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on TCS Lab research projects in 8 broad areas:
o Computational compleixty
o Boolean circuit complexity, communication and information complexity
o Information theory
o Algorithmic (Kolmogorov) complexity
o Algorithmic statistics
o Algorithm design and analysis
o Algorithmic game theory
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as:
o Computational complexity (and other mentioned above fields)
o Automata theory
o Combinatorics on words
- a strong background in mathematics and computer science
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to email@example.com by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information lease visit our laboratory website Laboratory of Theoretical Computer Science or contact Dr. Alexander Rubtsov (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.