Postdoctoral Fellow in Quantum technology
Laboratory of laser spectroscopy of the Joint Department of Quantum Optics and Nanophotonics of the Institute of Spectroscopy (RAS) in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Atom optics and atom interferometry.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 50 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of atom optics and atom interferometry or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in the atom optics and laser spectroscopy, ability to conduct research with cold atom.
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- Working under the direct supervision of Prof. Victor Balykin, head of Laser Spectroscopy Lab, Institute of spectroscopy of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Pursuing their own research working on research project(s) within the Atom interferometry with the atom chip;
- Writing research papers for leading international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Joint Department of Quantum Optics and Nanophotonics and laser spectroscopy laboratory of the Institute of spectroscopy (RAS);
- Participating in the research and social events of the Joint Department of Quantum Optics and Nanophotonics and other contribution to the Lab’s development (seminars and conferences inclusive);
- Presenting publicly the candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- Some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University. The Lab offers access to its equipment and resources: Ultrahigh vacuum chambers, frequency stabilized lasers, detecting and registration systems, etc.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Joint Department of Quantum Optics and Nanophotonics and laser spectroscopy laboratory of the Institute of spectroscopy (RAS) – official web-site of the laser spectroscopy laboratory and the Institute of spectroscopy (RAS) or contact Anton Afanasiev directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.