Postdoctoral Fellow in Russia’s Regional History
International Laboratory ‘Russia’s Regions in Historical Perspective’ in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of the history of Russia’s regions.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 50 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a PhD from an internationally recognized university in the field of Russia’s History or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE;
- Candidates should have a demonstrated ability or clear potential (as assessed by external reviewers) to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Ability to work in team, publication record in English or potential for producing high-quality research publications;
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is desirable.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Ekaterina Boltunova, the Head of the Laboratory, and Willard Sunderland, the Academic Supervisor of the Laboratory;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on the research projects of International Laboratory ‘Russia’s Regions in Historical Perspective’ such as:
- Political and Social Practices in Russia’s Regions (19th – 20th centuries)
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals
- participation in the events of the Lab and other contribution to the Lab’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the International Laboratory ‘Russia’s Regions in Historical Perspective’– official web-site of the Laboratory or contact Ekaterina Boltunova directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.