Postdoctoral Fellow in the field of Social Psychology, Cross-cultural Psychology, and Economic Psychology
Center for Sociocultural Research in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Social Psychology, Cross-cultural Psychology, and Economic Psychology.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruit talents from abroad. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centers and over 50 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of Social Psychology, Cross-cultural Psychology, Economic Psychology or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years. Or you can hold a PhD from an internationally recognized university in a relevant field and have recommendations from external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in Social Psychology, Cross-cultural Psychology and Economic Psychology, ability to work in a team, to write a scientific paper, conduct empirical research, have experience in data analysis with SPSS, AMOS, and MPlus software (CFA, SEM, HLM);
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of prof. Dr. Klaus Boehnke and prof. Dr. Nadezhda Lebedeva heads of Center for Sociocultural Research;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on CSCR's research projects in five broad areas:
o psychology of acculturation and cultural transmission;
o values and value transmission;
o socio-cultural factors of mutual adaptation of migrants and the host population;
o socio-psychological consequences of economic and cultural change;
o multiple identities and their transmission.
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of Center for Sociocultural Research;
- participation in the events of the Center for Sociocultural Research (annual summer school, annual international conference, scientific research seminar “Culture matters”, etc.) and other contribution to the CSCR's development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- publications in English in international peer-reviewed journals (minimum 2)
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Center for Sociocultural Research may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Center for Sociocultural Research – official web-site of the Center or contact to Alexander Tatarko email@example.com directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.