Postdoctoral Fellow in Urban Economics
The Higher School of Economics Faculty of Urban and Regional Development in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Urban Economics, Choice Theory or Behavioral Economics. You should be interested in applying your research in the field of Urban Studies.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian higher education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of Economics or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have strong motivation to work in a multidisciplinary field of Urban studies in collaboration with specialists of sociological, geographical, data science, ethnographic, architectural backgrounds. They should be able to work in a team to achieve mutual results;
- Candidates should have a strong background in experimental and/or empirical research and excited to travel and conduct applied work. Previous experience with analysis of large survey or administrative datasets would be an asset
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Dr. Nadezhda Shilova who is the head of an Urban Economics research team;
- pursuing their own research along with working on The Faculty of Urban and Regional Development research projects such as:
- Study of land and property ownership regime in Russia and its economic and behavioral consequences;
- Study of the processes and effects of Moscow and regional programs of renovation (“Renovazia”)
- Study of Russian architectural heritage preservation economic models
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the research team;
- participation in the research and educational events of the Faculty of Urban and Regional Development and other contribution to its development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- minor teaching and/or supervision of students’ course works.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The Faculty of Urban and Regional Development offers access to its office space, and electronic databases.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring the Faculty of Urban and Regional Development may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 9, 2020.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Faculty of Urban and Regional Development – visit official web-site of the Faculty or contact the Deputy Dean for research Nadezhda Shilova directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.