Affiliated Staff Track: Frequently Asked Questions
The status of HSE University affiliated staff may be assigned to researchers and academic staff of Russian and international organizations who are not working as HSE University on a fee-paying basis, but can make contributions to the improvement and development of the University’s educational and/or research activities.
HSE affiliated staff members are recommended to:
- duly indicate their HSE affiliation in papers which have been prepared relying on the University’s resources;
- take part in educational and/or research activities of the University’s host subdivision;
- support and promote HSE’s reputation in the course of their professional and extracurricular activities.
An HSE University structural unit (faculty, department, laboratory, centre, etc.) willing to have an affiliated faculty member is to fill in the application form and submit a set of documents:
- CV with the list of publications of the candidate
- Consent to personal data collecting and processing scanned copy signed by the candidate, in Russian and English languages
- Consent for assignment of the Affiliated Faculty Member status scanned copy signed by the candidate and by the Head of the HSE University structural unit
- Duties of the Unit Coordinator scanned copy signed by he/she
The applications are considered by the International Recruiting Committee. After that the candidate receives the resolution.
1. Once the affiliated faculty member receives the positive resolution, he/she will need to provide a set of documents:
- copy of the passport
- copy of PhD certificate (in English, or translated into English or Russian)
- copy of diploma / degree (in English, or translated into English or Russian)
- CV with exact postal address and the list of publications.
2. HR office prepares a draft of the Affiliated Staff Member Status Agreement which is revised by the department and the affiliated staff member.
3. The Agreement should be signed by the affiliated staff member and the hard copy should be sent to the HR office.
Actual draft of the “Affiliated Staff Member Status Agreement” is on the website of the Legal Support Office
- The status of HSE affiliated staff shall be assigned for a period of up to 3 years and may be renewed for up to 5 years.
- HSE University reimburses the expenses of affiliated faculty member related to their educational and research activities at the campus of the University under relevant agreement. To receive the reimbursement the affiliated faculty member should provide relevant reporting documents.
Actual draft of the “Agreement on Works/Services Rendered by HSE Associated Staff on a Free of Charge Basis” on the website of the Legal Support Office.
- The HSE Scientometrics Centre verifies affiliations in publications of affiliated staff annually before June 30 upon the request of the respective Host subdivision.
- Affiliated Staff status terminates upon the expiry of the period for which it was assigned.
- To extend the period of Affiliated Staff status the HSE University structural unit should follow the application-like procedure.
- Once the Affiliated Faculty Member decides to resign from the HSE University before the assignment expires, he/she is requested to fill in a resignation letter.
- Affiliated staff member may be released of this status if he/she has entered into non-gratuitous relations with HSE University.
Affiliated Staff Members are kindly asked to keep in touch with the coordinators from HSE University structural unit for the agreements issues, document flow, reimbursements, etc.
If Affiliated Staff Member cannot reach his/her coordinator or meets other unexpected difficulties, questions can be addressed to the International Faculty Support Centre at email@example.com.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.